If you want to ask your audience a specific question to improve your reporting, you can give out your email, ask people to use social media or the comments box, or use a third-party form/survey tool.
None of these are built for the needs of journalists. Our Ask tool is.
- Ask allows journalists to tag and search responses to follow up.
- Ask encourages more people to respond. The Gallery feature makes it easy to showcase the best responses, applying the principle of ‘Social Proof’ to journalistic practice.
- Ask maintains the text of the original submission. Editors can edit Gallery submissions for length, clarity, grammar while saving the original response.
- Data visualizations of submissions are easy to build using the API. Here’s an example.
Improved design and accessibility:
- Ask forms are fully compatible across devices.
- Ask form designs are fully customizable. By utilizing a script tag, Ask automatically matches your site design.
- Ask forms are available as a WordPress plugin.
- Ask forms are fully accessible.
More efficient response management:
- Ask contains full Slack integration. Follow the latest responses in your channel.
- Ask makes it possible to track respondees across forms. Find the people who contribute most.
- Ask includes an easy submissions manager. Quickly filter out abusive or meaningless responses.
Stronger user privacy:
- Ask doesn’t share user data with anyone.
Ask is open source and fully customizable. You own your install of Ask, and can optimize it for your needs.
- Install Ask
- Read Ask’s User Guide
- Install our Ask WordPress plugin (requires Ask install)
- Read advice on using forms effectively in your newsroom
- Read our Product Doc for Ask
- Help us improve Ask
Ask is available now to download and run on your server. Contact us if you would like help in installing or are interested in our hosting Ask for you.