Online comments are broken. Our Talk tool rethinks how moderation, comment display, and online conversation function, creating the opportunity for safer, smarter discussions around your work.
What makes Talk different?
Just as with our other tool Ask, Talk is open source, decentralized, and free to use. You can read more about the benefits of open source software here.
Our plugin architecture gives publishers incredible flexibility to select the features that make sense for your community - either across your site, or on a single article.
- Identify journalists in the conversation
- Mute annoying voices
- Manage your history
- Sort by most replied/liked/newest
- Follow and link to single discussions
- See new comment alerts instantly
- Manage separate identities on each site
- Feature the best comments and filter out the worst
- Use AI-assisted moderation to identify problems quickly
- See detailed commenter histories, and take bulk actions
- Integrates with industry-leading spam and abuse technologies
- Moderate faster via Slack integration, keyboard shortcuts, and more
- Own and manage all of your users’ data
- Connect to your existing login system
- Reward subscribers/donors with badges - or restrict commenting only to them
- Make your comments match your site design
- Translate into any language your audience speaks
We’ve designed it to help publishers of all sizes host and manage conversations on their sites in whatever ways that they want to do it. And like everything we make, only you own your data, and our code is 100% open source.
- Install Talk on your own server
- Get a fully-hosted solution from our partner
- Read our release notes and latest features
- Read our goals for Talk
- Help us improve Talk
Talk is here. Let us know if you’d like to try it on your site.